Norton Apartments was recently featured in The Housing News Network: It Took A Village and Well Worth the Effort by Christine Allamanno
Norton Apartments - It Took A Village and Well Worth the Effort
PCHA Board elects officers at annual meeting
Joseph Triolo was re-elected as Chairman of the Board for a term of one year. Chairman Triolo has been serving in this capacity since October 2009.
Angela Rouson continues to serve as Vice Chair of the Board of Commissioners. From July 2006 through April 2009, she served as the Board’s Chair.
During their terms as Chair and Vice Chair PCHA has:
- Increased PCHA’s supply of housing for people in need;
- Received recognition as one of the Tampa Bay Area’s best places to work;
- Created partnerships with numerous community organizations;
- Implemented programs to move families to economic self-sufficiency;
- Accomplished outstanding fiscal and regulatory compliance; and
- Maintained a ‘High Performer’ designation by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The five-member Board of Commissioners, appointed by the Governor, is responsible for oversight and policy-making for the Pinellas County Housing Authority. Commissioners are volunteers who serve four-year terms.
Board of Commissioners meetings are open to the public and are held at PCHA’s central office located at 11479 Ulmerton Road in Largo, unless otherwise indicated.
PCHA ranked second place in the "Bigger" category in Best Places to Work
In an awards ceremony held at the Lowry Park Zoo yesterday, the Tampa Bay Business Journal announced PCHA as the second place winner in the Best Places to Work "Bigger" category (must have 50 to 100 employees). There was a one point difference between the winner and PCHA. First place was awarded to IntegraClick LLC.
Scores were determined through an anonymous questionnaire taken by employees. According to the Tampa Bay Business Journal, the employee survey measured 10 key engagement categories focusing on items including team effectiveness, trust in senior leaders, feeling valued, manager effectiveness, compensation and benefits.