Draft Agency Annual Plan for FY 2012
PCHA Issues Mid-Year Score Card
By Debra S. Johnson, Executive Director
In today’s fiscal and economic climate, it is more important than ever for housing authorities to initiate smart ways to increase efficiencies, realize cost savings, embrace streamlining, and encourage innovation while keeping the development of housing for low-income individuals and families a priority.
The Board of Commissioners and staff of the Pinellas County Housing Authority (PCHA) embrace this philosophy. Currently, 69% of the operating revenue for PCHA properties is derived from non-Federal and non-State sources.
During the first half of 2011, I’m very pleased to report the following accomplishments:
- Added over 100 units of housing for low-income individuals and families to our portfolio
- Registered PCHA as a State of Florida Ready to Work employer partner and seeking to become a Ready to Work training center for PCHA residents
- Achieved outstanding fiscal and regulatory compliance – no audit findings in our recent audit report for FY 2010
- HUD High Performer notification received - Received 100 out of 100 possible points on the HUD Section 8 Maagement Assessment Program for FY 2010
- HUD High Performer notification received - Received 99 out of a possible 100 points on the HUD Public Housing Assessment for FY 2010
- Obligated and expended all ARRA funds timely and correctly as noted in our annual audit
- Implemented programs to link residents with education, job training, and employment to assist them in achieving economic self-sufficiency
- Selected Nationally to participate in the HUD administrative fee and physical needs assessment studies; one of a few High Performing housing authorities asked to participate by HUD
Waiting List to open at PCHA’s public housing properties
French Villas is located at 6835 54th Avenue North in St. Petersburg, Florida 33709. The community has an on-site computer lab, playground and Head Start center.